RENEÉ F BERGMANN
Reneé litigates, arbitrates and tries cases involving commercial, financial, and insurance cases including mediation, arbitration and pre-litigation advice. She negotiates and litigates all aspects of both business and real estate law, from documenting either a real estate or business transaction to litigating the transaction, if necessary.
- Reneé has specific experience representing regional, national and international clients in commercial contract disputes, business tort claims, franchise litigation, and partnership disputes. She was formerly associated with the International Firm, Nixon Peabody representing franchisors on a variety of franchisee related litigation, all types of commercial and construction breach of contract claims, as well as insurers in declaratory judgment coverage cases. She takes the extensive experience and relationships from this experience, specifically successfully briefing, arguing and trying cases in both state and federal courts as well as negotiating favorable settlements in substantial contract disputes and now offers this experience to businesses of all sizes. Reneé favors counseling clients regarding business strategy in order to avoid costly and protracted litigation, but is ready, willing and able to litigate when necessary.
Professional Affiliations and Organizations
- Past Co-Chair of the Philadelphia Bar Association – Business Law Section’s Communication Committee
- Former Treasurer and Executive Council Member of the Pennsylvania Bar Association Commission on Women in the Profession
- Previous member of the Sunshine Foundation’s National Board of Directors
- Former volunteer instructor for the Philadelphia Bar Association’s Advancing Civics Education Program
- Licensed to practice in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and New York
Honors and Awards
- In 2006, Reneé was named one of Pennsylvania’s “Fast Track” lawyers by American Lawyer Media.
- She was also honored as a 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010 and 2011 “Rising Star” by Philadelphia Magazine
- In 2007 she was a Pennsylvania Bar Association Special Award Recipient, selected by the PBA Board of Governors to receive this award for chairing the very successful 2007 Commission – Mid-Year Event titled “Networking for Women Lawyers, By Women Lawyers,” held in Philadelphia on February 22, 2007.
Ms. Bergmann has represented businesses of all sizes from startups to Fortune 100 and Fortune 500 companies in a wide range of industries, including the construction, manufacturing and tech industries.
Publications and Speaking Engagements
- Instructor, “The New NJAR Contract,” The Real Estate School, 2016-2017 Sessions.
- Instructor, “Working With Real Estate Investors,” The Real Estate School, 2016-2017 Sessions.
- Instructor, “Business Law,” Arcadia University, Spring 2013 Semester.
- Moderator, “Strategic Communication: Understanding Communication Styles and Creating Outcome Focused Conversations,” TRA seminar, September 2010.
- Participant as Counsel for Plaintiff, Mock Preliminary Injunction Hearing – Theft of Trade Secrets, PBI’s 4th Annual Intellectual Property Law Institute, April 2010.
- “Who Do You Think of When You See A Baby Named Lindsay?” Thorp Reed & Armstrong Communiqué, March 2010.
- Moderator, “Business Valuation Issues and Opportunities in a Down Economy,” TRA seminar, January 2010.
- “Mentoring Opportunities Abound Across The Generational Divide” – Women Lawyers Journal, Summer 2008, Vol. 93, No. 2.
- “The Practical Prospective – What You Need to Know About The New Franchise Rule” – Hospitality Lawyer Newsletter, August 2008.
- “Being Both a Responsible Mentor and Mentee” – Voices and Views – a newsletter from the Pennsylvania Bar Association – Commission on Women in the Profession, Winter 2008.
- “Changes” – Voices and Views – a newsletter from the Pennsylvania Bar Association – Commission on Women in the Profession, Summer 2007.
- “Leading Up, Leading Down and Leading Sideways” – Voices and Views – a newsletter from the Pennsylvania Bar Association – Commission on Women in the Profession, Spring 2007.
- “Is Women Only Networking Working?” – Voices and Views – a newsletter from the Pennsylvania Bar Association – Commission on Women in the Profession, Fall 2006.
- “The Stages of Women in Leadership in the Law” – co-authored with Mary Cushing Doherty. Voices and Views – a newsletter from the Pennsylvania Bar Association – Commission on Women in the Profession, Summer 2006.
- “Develop Your Leadership Skills With The Help of a Queen” – Voices and Views – a newsletter from the Pennsylvania Bar Association – Commission on Women in the Profession, Summer 2006.
- “What They Never Told You In Law School: You’re the Boss, Getting Comfortable With Being In Charge” – Seminar for the Pennsylvania Bar Association 2004 Annual Meeting – Commission on Women in the Profession 2004, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.
- “Is Your Assistant Keeping You At The Copier on the Weekend? Strategies for Balancing Difficult Workplace Relationships,” Women in the Profession Supplement to the Legal Intelligencer, August 23, 2004
Reneé earned her undergraduate degree, a Bachelor of Science in Human Services from Thomas Edison State College and earned the Arnold Fletcher Award upon graduation. She earned her law degree from Rutgers-Camden School of Law and received the International Academy of Trial Lawyers Award upon graduation. She maintains close ties to the Rutgers University community frequently returning as an alumni speaker and volunteering as a mentor for the law student community.
In her spare time she can be found either chasing around her two Shiba Inus or traveling anywhere at all.
Reneé can be contacted directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about the diversity of our firm, click here to read our attorney profiles.