WILLIAM P. RUBLEY
Will Rubley joins us from a boutique litigation firm out of Philadelphia specializing in all areas of complex commercial litigation. Will worked with a team of litigators on matters in New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware and Virginia. He has extensive experience in a variety of areas of commercial litigation, including banking, contract disputes, complex statutory interpretation, and employment. Will also has unique experience with business-to-business consumer protection laws in both New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Will has represented clients in State and Federal Courts including the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of New Jersey, the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware, Federal District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania as well as the Superior Courts of New Jersey (Administrative, Chancery, Law and Appellate) and across yhe courts in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Will has also been involved in a number of appellate cases, including the seminal decision Cooper Hospital University Medical Center v. Prudential Insurance Co., 378 N.J.Super. 510, (App. Div. 2005), wherein the court ruled in favor of his client, Cooper Hospital, in a complex statutory construction matter involving insurance coverage for an out-of-state driver involved in an accident in New Jersey.
Other key representative matters include:
- Lead counsel for a pharmaceutical device company in a multi-million dollar claim for professional negligence action against one of the world’s largest pharmaceutical services companies;
- Lead counsel for a property developer in New Jersey defending against breach of contract and civil RICO claims (N.J.S.A. 2C:41-1, et. seq.) filed by a private lender;
- Co-Counsel for a bank defending against a New Jersey Consumer Fraud claim (N.J.S.A. 56:8-1 et seq.) filed by a borrower and prosecuting a counterclaim for mortgage fraud;
- Lead Counsel for a regional bank handling all of its foreclosure and confession of judgment matters in Pennsylvania and its foreclosure and book account claims in New Jersey;
- Co-Counsel for a securities trader against his previous employer in an arbitration before FINRA;
- Co-Counsel for a battery manufacturer in a multi-million dollar trademark infringement against a distributor in Ohio, Michigan, Indiana and Pennsylvania;
- Successfully defended a securities trader in an administrative action filed by the New Jersey Attorney General alleging violations of state and federal securities laws;
- Successfully represented a large hospital in a claim against a large insurer regarding the interpretation of an amendment to the New Jersey Deemer Statute (N.J.S.A. 17:28-1.4), which resulted in the seminal decision of Cooper Hospital v. Prudential, 78 N.J.Super. 510, (App. Div. 2005);
Will has also lectured on Collection Law: from Start to Finish, in New Jersey for the National Business Institute.
Although experienced in many areas of law, Will now concentrates his practice in New Jersey and Pennsylvania on complex civil litigation, including banking, complex statutory interpretation, adversary and disputed matters in bankruptcy court, lender liability (both on the lender and borrower sides), civil RICO, employment law and general commercial litigation.
Will is admitted to the Supreme Court of New Jersey, U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey, Supreme Court of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
Our Business Attorneys
Our firm includes several experienced attorneys with more than 150 years of combined experience not just in New Jersey, but also in Pennsylvania, Delaware, New York, and Illinois. Each of us brings our own unique niche and expertise to the firm, while collaborating and consulting each other to secure the best possible solution.
To learn more about the diversity of our firm, click here to read our attorney profiles.